PM NW2 #64 at Wyoming Yard in 1955

 

The second batch of the PM's NW2 switchers was delivered from EMD in the PM's colorful blue/yellow/red paint scheme. These switchers retained their PM paint scheme through at least the late 1950s, with some keeping their paint into the 1960s. Number 64, the last PM NW2 delivered, is shown in 1955 at Wyoming Yard in its as-delivered paint.

Number 64 was renumbered 5289 in 1958 and continued in service for the C&O and later the Chessie System until it was sent to be scrapped in 1978.

C&O Rwy. Photo- CSPR

 

Re-use or reproduction of this photograph is prohibited without prior permission.

 


Use of this Web site and the materials contained within it is subject to specific terms and conditions.

Do you have questions or comments regarding this Web site? E-mail to
The contents of this Web site are Copyright © 2019, John F. ("Fritz") Milhaupt on behalf of the Pere Marquette Historical Society, Inc., All Rights Reserved.