PM E7 #101 on Turntable at Wyoming, Michigan in July, 1946

 

Newly-arrived PM E7 #101 is turned on the turntable at Wyoming Yard.

Number 101 and sister #102 were ordered specifically to pull the new Pere Marquette streamliner between Grand Rapids and Detroit. This service was inaugurated on August 10, 1946 and was extremely popular.

In mid-1947, six more E7s (#103-108) arrived to hasten the dieselization of the PM's passenger operations. Four more (#95-98) arrived in July, 1947, following the merger into the C&O. All of these locomotives were A-units. Neither the PM nor the C&O owned any E7 B-units.

Photo by Robinson Studio, John R. Milhaupt Collection

 

Re-use or reproduction of this photograph is prohibited without prior permission.

 


Use of this Web site and the materials contained within it is subject to specific terms and conditions.

Do you have questions or comments regarding this Web site? E-mail to
The contents of this Web site are Copyright © 2019, John F. ("Fritz") Milhaupt on behalf of the Pere Marquette Historical Society, Inc., All Rights Reserved.