PM Boxcar #72222 at Grand Haven, Michigan in July, 2002

 

Recently repainted ex-PM Boxcar #72222 at the Tri-Cities Historical Society railroad display on the south bank of the Grand River in Grand Haven.

In 1982, the West Michigan Railroad Historical Society located this car in Saginaw, arranged to acquire this car from Chessie System, had it restored to its original paint scheme and donated it to the Tri-Cities Historical Society. It is now displayed with PM Berkshire #1223, PM caboose #A986, a GTW wood caboose and a former Pere Marquette wig-wag signal north of the intersection of North Harbor Drive and First Street.

Photo by Art Million

 

Re-use or reproduction of this photograph is prohibited without prior permission.

 


Use of this Web site and the materials contained within it is subject to specific terms and conditions.

Do you have questions or comments regarding this Web site? E-mail to
The contents of this Web site are Copyright © 2019, John F. ("Fritz") Milhaupt on behalf of the Pere Marquette Historical Society, Inc., All Rights Reserved.